The Teaching & Learning Building is coming along quite nicely. Today I parked behind two trucks delivering more plastic balls for the BubbleDeck. The other recent development is the height of the building; there is now clearly a first story looming over the top of the construction fence. It's finally starting to hit me just how big the Teaching & Learning Building is going to be. I mean, the first floor seems tall already, and there are still two more to go! It also creeps a lot further south than I was expecting, so campus will be less linear when the new building is complete. There used to be two parallel sidewalks running almost the entire length of campus, which was perhaps not the most interesting of landscaping, but it did make our minuscule campus feel quite spacious.
If you want to see the contrast, flash back to less than a year ago, when
Thomas-Garrett was mid-demolition. Wow. This really is progress. (And heavens, doesn't Thomas-Garrett look tiny.)
Here's the Teaching & Learning Building today:
As always you can see updated construction photos
here.
No comments:
Post a Comment